1. Independent Publications
2. Own Publications and Abstracts
- Measurement and Visualization of Airflow through Sports Textiles Len Brownlie, Collin Bailey, Jorge Carbo, Dan Judelson, Peter Ostafichuk, Jeff Allison and David Rival. ISEA 2020 Proceedings 2020, 49(1), 21; https://doi.org/10.3390/proceedings2020049021
- Aerodynamic drag reduction in winter sports: the quest for “free speed”. Len Brownlie Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers: Part P: Journal of Sports Engineering and Technology; Special Issue: Fluid Mechanics in Sport; 2020 (first published online July 4, 2020). https://doi.org/10.1177/1754337120921091
- Design considerations in wind tunnel testing of cyclists in: Biomedical Principles and Applications in Sports. Ed.: Jani Macari Pallis, Jill McNitt-Gray and George Shoane. Springer Books. 2019; https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-13467-9
- The use of vortex generators to reduce the aerodynamic drag of athletic apparel Len W. Brownlie, Yuki Aihara, Jorge Carbo, Edward Harber, Ryan Henry, Irena Ilcheva, and Peter Ostafichuk 11th conference of the International Sports Engineering Association, ISEA 2016 Procedia Engineering 147 (2016) p 20 – 25.
- Electronic Tagging Studies of Pelagic Fish: Implications of Drag on Tag Retention and Data Applicability T. Todd Jones, Glenn Jolly, Jon Mikkelsen, Peter Ostafichuk, Brian Bostrom, Michael K. Musyl, Len Brownlie 145th Meeting of the American Fisheries Society (2015)
- Air permeability of sports fabrics at running speeds Len Brownlie, Peter Ostafichuk, Jorge Carbo and Nate Demarest 10th Engineering of Sport Conference 2014 Procedia Engineering (2014) (72) p 697-702.
- A review on skin suits and sport garment aerodynamics: guidelines and state of the art Luca Oggiano, Len Brownlie, Olga Troynikov, Lars Morten Bardal, Camilla Sæter, Lars Sætran 6th Asia-Pacific Congress on Sports Technology (APCST) 2013. Procedia Engineering (2013) (60) p 91-98.
- Evidence that skin suits affect long track speed skating performance Len W Brownlie, Chester R. Kyle 9th Engineering of Sport Conference 2012 Procedia Engineering (2012) (34) p 26-31.
- Subic, A., Alam F., Troynikov, T. and Brownlie, L. Sports Apparel. In: Fuss FK, Subic A, Strangwood M, Metha R, editors. The Routledge Handbook of Sports Technology and Engineering. London: Routledge; 2014, pp 233-251.
- Streamlining the time trial apparel of cyclists: the Nike Swift Spin project (JPEG, 170 KB) Len Brownlie, Chester Kyle, Jorge Carbo, Nate Demarest, Edward Harber, Richard MacDonald and Matt Nordstrom Sports Technology (2009) 2, No. 1-2, 53-60.
- The wind-averaged aerodynamic drag of competitive time trial cycling helmets ( 100 KB) Len Brownlie, Peter Ostafichuk, Erik Tews, Hil Muller, Eamon Briggs and Kevin Franks (2010) 8th Conference of the International Sports Engineering Association (ISEA)
- Factors Affecting the Aerodynamic Drag of Alpine Skiers ( 100 KB) Len Brownlie, Guy Larose, Annick D'Auteuil, Todd Allinger, Frank Meinert, Paul Kristofic, Serge Dugas, Robert Boyd and Dale Stephens (2010) 8th Conference of the International Sports Engineering Association (ISEA)
- Designing apparel to reduce the aerodynamic drag of sprinters, cyclists and Speed skaters: NIKE's Project SWIFT. Brownlie LW, Kyle CR, Harber E, MacDonald, R. and Shorten MR (2006) The SPIN Summit Conference Proceedings October 2 - 4, 2006, Victoria, B.C.
- Reducing the aerodynamic drag of sports apparel: Development of the Nike swift spring running and SwiftSkin speed skating suits. Brownlie LW, Kyle CR, Harber E, MacDonald, R. and Shorten MR (2004) The Engineering of Sport 5 - Conference Proceedings of The Engineering of Sport, 13-17 September 2004, Davis, California,Volume:1 Pages:90-96. ISBN/ISSN:0-9547861-0-62.
- Reducing the aerodynamic drag of bicycle racing clothing by using zoned fabrics. Kyle CR, Brownlie LW , Harber E, MacDonald, R. and Nordstrom M. (2004) The Engineering of Sport 5 - Conference Proceedings of The Engineering of Sport, 13-17 September 2004, Davis, California, Volume:1 Pages:90-96. ISBN/ISSN:0-9547861-0-62.
- A test method for measuring forces on a full scale spinning soccer ball in a wind tunnel Spampinato Jp, Felten N, Ostafichuk P, Brownlie L (2004) The Engineering of Sport 5 - Conference Proceedings of The Engineering of Sport, 13-17 September 2004, Davis, California Volume:1 Pages:111-124. ISBN/ISSN:0-9547861-0-62.
- Aerodynamic characteristics of sports apparel. Brownlie L (1992) PhD Dissertation, Simon Fraser University, School of Kinesiology Burnaby BC
- The aerodynamics of cycling apparel Brownlie LW, Gartshore I, Chapman A, Bannister EW (1991) Cycling Science Vol. 3, Pages:44-505.
- The influence of apparel on aerodynamic drag in running Brownlie L, Mekjavic I, Gartshore I, Mutch B, Banister E. (1987) Annals of Physiological Anthropology Vol. 6, Pages:133-143